Sweet Potato Hash Browns ~
A friend sent me this recipe
Great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This would be delicious with eggs on top for a great breakfast!! These also freeze well and they’re so easy to eat on the go.
Directions: 1-2 servings depends on your portion needs
1 medium sweet potato (partially pre-cooked, yet firm enough to shred ) I steamed them.
1 apple, grated (optional) you can try other fruit (please let me know how they turn out Thank You)
All ideas for changes to recipes you share only increase the variety of options and folks can learn more with YOUR HELP !
you can also add cinnamon, nutmeg and a dash of cloves.
– Peel the uncooked sweet potatoes and the apple, then grate them on the large holes of a box grater or use your food processor to chop.
– Squeeze the grated potatoes and apple in cloth or paper towels to extract as much moisture as possible ( I cannot stress this enough – really try to remove it all)
– When the iron is hot, spray with non-stick cooking spray. I use an oil spray pump with olive or coconut oil (HEALTHY OPTION) Jus Sayin 😉
– Squeeze the potatoes/apple again to release any excess moisture.
– Season as desired by mixing spices into the grated mixture.
– Place about 1 cup of potato mixture on the iron (a George Foreman grill also works great), spread it out, and close it. Cook until the hash browns are golden brown and crisp, about 8-10 minutes. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
ENJOY with your choice of PROTEIN !