Here is an excerpt from a fellow Kettlebell Trainer Cris Lopez’s advice to his clients today.
He does an AWESOME JOB of simply setting some guidelines to enjoy the evening and weekend with your children and NOT FEEL GUILTY couldn’t have said it better myself.
OK so don’t worry, I’m not going to guilt you today for sticking your hands in the candy pot while you steal some Kit Kat’s from would-be Trick or Treaters.
Just exercise some self-control and discipline tonight and make sure you eat a variety of candy…
You know, spread your sugar intake around.
Don’t just eat straight up chocolate.
Have some chocolate with nuts in it.
Have some chocolate with caramel.
Have some dark chocolate too… after all, dark chocolate is good for you, right?
Don’t forget the chips and the gummy bears either.
I’m not trying to be patronizing.
I seriously want you to eat as much as you want today and then throw that crap out.
Get it out of your system so that you can get back on track.
Seriously, do what we do in our house where we let our kids eat as much Halloween Candy as they want on October 31st and November 1st until they feel like absolute garbage.
Then they never want to touch the stuff again until the following Halloween. (It works in our house).
Remember, today is just ONE DAY so if you eat some candy and junk food, don’t let that ruin all the progress that you’ve made over the past few weeks.
Keep your focus on your goal.
You’re allowed to indulge once in a while – I’d say 10% of the time – but you should try your best to stay on point the other 90% if you really want to achieve what you’ve set out to do.
So tonight, chow down.
Then throw that crap out and pick up where you left off tomorrow.
Have a great night with the kids tonight,