Cold Day Chicken/Turkey Soup
Another use for your leftover turkey
A time-tested way of enjoying the holidays is to share homemade soup.
This Cold Day Chicken or Turkey Soup is extra special as it doesn’t contain any high-carb ingredients like noodles or potatoes, like most do.
Enjoy and allow this simple, nourishing meal warm you from the inside out.
Here’s what you need for 8 servings:
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium organic yellow onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, grated
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 3 cups diced roasted chicken or turkey
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 organic apple, chopped
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- zest from 1 lemon
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- In a large pot, over medium heat, melt the coconut oil and add the onion, carrots and celery. After 5 minutes add the garlic and curry powder.
- After a couple minutes add the chicken broth, chicken, bay leave, apple, pepper, thyme, and lemon zest. Stir well. Bring to a simmer and cook for 40 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk, and some salt if desired, remove the bay leaf and serve.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 166 calories, 5g fat, 175mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 19g protein
Dream, Believe, Achieve
I hope you all had joy filled Christmas
God Bless us all in the New Year
Have a “FIT” day,