Skinny Holiday Sangria
It’s always fun to have a signature drink for the occasion, something to offer to guests as they arrive. Sangria is one of my all-time favorites, since it’s so festive with pretty pieces of fruit garnishing each glass. And I always have a pot of spiced apple cider on the stove for non-drinking guests, and also to just make the house smell extra festive.
Walking through the grocery store last week I noticed a big display of pomegranates. This inspired me to make a sangria recipe that incorporated some fresh pomegranate seeds.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup fresh organic cranberries
- juice from one orange
- 2 Tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 orange, sliced into thin circles and moons
- 1 pomegranate, seeds only
- 2 small persimmons, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 bottle pomegranate wine
- ½ cup rum
- ½ cup cranberry juice, no sugar added
- bottle of sparkling water
Serve this festive drink at your Holiday gathering
- In a medium saucepan heat the cranberries, orange juice, and agave nectar to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes until cranberries burst. Remove from heat and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes, until chilled. (Very important to make sure the cranberries are fully chilled!)
- Place all of the ingredients into a pitcher. Chill for at least one hour. Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 92 calories, 0g fat, 0mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, and 0g protein (This only takes into account the liquid part of the drink. If you eat the fruit pieces then calories and carbs will be higher!)
Dream, Believe, Achieve
Have a “FIT” and Awesome Holiday Season