Real Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies
‘Tis the time of year for exchanging delicious home baked goods with friends and family!
I’d love to have the patience to making sweets to give as gifts — though the ingredients I’d use today are vastly different from what my Mum would have to used.
Now the sweets are made with wholesome, healthy ingredients, like these chocolate peanut butter cookies.
Gluten and cane sugar free, these cookies are packed with wholesome calories, and usable nutrients.
Here’s what you need for 24 cookies:
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (Try Earth Balance Creamy Coconut Peanut Butter)
- ½ cup coconut crystals
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 omega-3 eggs
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (look for big ones)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet with coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the peanut butter, coconut crystals, vanilla, almond flour, baking soda and eggs. Mix until fully combined.
- Roll the dough into small balls, place on the baking sheet a couple of inches apart. Press a chocolate chip into the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Melt the remaining dark chocolate in a double boiler. Dip each cooled cookie in the chocolate, then flip over to allow to cool. To cool faster, place in the fridge.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 139 calories, 9g fat, 41mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, and 5g protein
Dream, Believe, Achieve
Have a “FIT”, healthy and Happy Season